Friday, February 18, 2011

Getting my Morrighan on

Most of you know that when you feel the pull of the Goddess, beckoning you to explore the more feminine side of your religious beliefs, it takes a while before you feel more in tune with any one Goddess.  I believe that a lot of us connect with the Goddess who is most like us.

Other times we are called by a Goddess, whether we think we are like her or not.  So what does one do when faced with the reality that The Morrighan has chosen you, she's in your blood, and if you try to deny Her - woe unto you?

I'll tell you what you do:  you listen.  And learn.  You accept that She is going to take you places deep within that you never knew existed.  And it might not be pretty.  But I promise you one thing - She will follow you into battle and give you the strength and power you need to defeat whatever you are up against.  She will guide you, but not do battle for you. 

Morrigan Morrigan Three times Three,
Hear the words I ask of Thee.
Grant me vision, Grant me power,
Cheer me in my darkest hour.
As the night overtakes the day,
Morrigan Morrigan Light my way.
Morrigan Morrigan Raven Queen
Round and round the Hawthorn Green.
Queen of beauty, Queen of Art,
Yours my body, Yours my heart.
All my trust I place in thee,
Morrigan Morrigan Be with me...


~unknown author 


So why, you may ask, am I "getting my Morrighan on"?  Ahh... such a complicated answer.  As most of you know - I opened a pagan/witchy shop several months ago.  When we opened the doors, we opened them wide to the pagan community.  And we've met some of the BEST, and a few of the WORST.

Many of you can totally connect with me here.  We all know a small handful of pagans who are just so out there, so incredibly full of themselves, or just downright out of control.  

For now, all I'm going to tell you is that I had to deal with the most passive/aggressive witch I've ever met.  Infamous in this town for being at the heart of more "witch wars" than you can shake a stick at.  

And then... she met me.  ;-) 

Invoking The Morrighan is not something to be taken lightly.  When you go into battle, know and understand that Her power is so mighty that if you have any warriors with you - your Morrighan-infused power may well extend to them.  If they are strong at heart, they may swing their sword as swiftly as if it were with your own hands.   

 I have the uncanny knack - which is sometimes a curse, of being the one who can hold a mirror up to someone's face and watching them lash out at who they really are.  They *think* they are lashing out at me, but the truth is that they are projecting their own faults onto the one who holds that mirror.


Interesting, isn't it? 



1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you stood up for yourself!! That store is something you dreamed and then worked hard to bring into reality. Protecting it, and all of the lovely people you have met is something I know you to do well. Yes, you do have that gift of reflecting back to a person what they need to see at the time. I know I've been the viewer at times myself.. it aint fun, but in the end, it's so beneficial! Hugs! love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind!